At 04:19 PM 7/21/99 -0400, Dan York wrote:
>It appears that the test is free... so I'm not sure how these folks
>are funding the creation of exams. (I didn't actually take the Linux
>one to see.)

Well, I did take the exam.  I passed, too!  :-)  A score of 3 out of 5
overall with problem solving being my highest (naturally :-).  It was a
wide-ranging test, everything from (paraphrasing here) "What does the
'free' in GPL stand for" to "What keys were typed in bash to produce the
above command prompt" to "what does the last number in an fstab record
mean?".  You can use any reference materials handy but you are on your
honor to do it yourself, i.e. no asking anyone else.

>From reading the pages, I assume *this* test is free, but you have to pay
for others (other Linux tests later on, maybe?).  I couldn't find any
information on how much they charge, although I'm sure it's there somewheres.

They have some nice features where I can email my transcript or leave it
open for public perusal, etc.