On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, A.R. (Tom) Peters wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Richard Rager wrote:
>

> >   Ok my option is: that the will be no experation date, just the date
> > passed.  Let the employer pick the date to needed to update the testing.
>
>   So that is about certification renewal.
>
> >   There should be sub-test that update the person.  Example:
> >
> >   There a new kernel from 2.0 to 2.2 so there will be a kernel upgrade
> > test.
> >
> >   If a new apache come out 1.3 to 1.4 Test it.
>
>   So that is about exam content renewal, which really is a different
> issue.
>
>  This will neaver work.  In fact, it
> was discussed and decided all in the beginning that we would not make
> certifications with a long list of endorsements: that would only make the
> certification so complicated thgat it would confuse employers and the
> certification would not acquire wide recognition.

   Ok how old do we leave the test get, before the change or update?
OK lets offer the test say freeze it each year.  Then offer the
updates.  The person or employer saids when updating, with their money.
An employer can say they what a 1999 + or 2000 + ... year on the cert.

  There is no need to retest on old stuff. If you are not using
it. It must be because it is not needed.  If you are just
passing the test on old knownage it is not a real updated test.

Enjoy,

Richard