The only bios dependency that I know of is that the bios determines how to
boot your OS (Linux, DOS, or whatever).  It generally reads the MBR from
the hard disk or floppy disk to find out where the executable lives on the
physical media.  It then loads that code to RAM and runs it.  Once the
linux kernel is running I don't think there is much dependecy on the bios.

This is what I believe, but I can not guarantee it.

Brendan Simon.