Missed CAN on the list:

        http://www.llp.fu-berlin.de/pool/newproj/CAN

Can is quite adept for hooking up local PLC type hardware/axis control
etc. to a controller.

Il 9/21/99, 11:27:56 AM, Bjorn Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto
sull‘argomento SV: RS485 RTS on/off:

> Gary A James wrote:? (Gary's message didn't make it to the list?)

> > Hey by the way, MODBUS ???  That sounds like industrial automation,
> > PLC stuff right. I've been watching with anticipation for a while and
> > so far your one of the first that I've seen playing with Linux in
> > that arena. I'm happy to see that not everyone in the industrial
> > automation world is in bed with WinCE. Have you ever done anything
> > with DeviceNet?

>  Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, Comli, XCOM, Mcc3. Brrrrrr... I've written
code and patched code to support them all and then some. Now, moving to
Linux, I'll have to do all over again.

>  Maybe we should try to start a industrial automation community
project.