Since the linux kernel is protected by GPL, would not it required for
BlueCat
to release the complete source without any fee? same  can be asked for
lineo.

Also, from user point of view, if I buy some RTOS based on  linux, modify
to suit my requirement and put into my application. Again, GPL requires
to release the source code. Am I right? This may not be possible in many
cases. Considering this, is it wise to go for GPL protected OS in commercial

development ? Any idea.

Regards,
Yusuf