On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:39:02 +0100, Sukandar Kartadinata wrote:

>1. it should be even smaller, possibly to the point where I can carry it
>around on stage (or wilderness); operating it on batteries; with
>wireless sound transmission; or speakers on my back
>2. I want to connect sensors to an on-board multi-channel 12bit-ADC
>rather than connecting them to yet another little sensor box with yet
>another wall wart talking yet again via MIDI (duh) to yet another
>MIDI-USB interface connected to a laptop
>3. same story for audio interfaces; options for multi-channel, digital
>I/O, high quality conversion preferred

>Ethernet, serial

Well we have a device in the works that is not exactly but semi-close.  Not sure if it
would
work for you. It's for a specific customer but I might be able to cut you some deal on
proto or one that comes off production that didn't pass enough QA to go out the door.

It's a 400Mhz Pentium Celeron SBC with a couple of serial ports and  PCMCIA port.
Although
we are currently going to run the system buss at 66Mhz it should be able to support a
100Mhz
system bus.  At least we *tried* to lay it out to support 100Mhz.  The PCMCIA port is
for a
802.11 wireless network card.  It's got 1 Meg of flash on board for bootloading but
there
are HD connectors so you could eaisly connect up an IBM microdrive if you wanted more
space.

Currently the flash bootloader is only for booting up and then net-booting.  It
downloads
its root fs and a full linux kernel into RAM and then restarts using the new image.

Dosen't have any A/D and I am not sure how you would get it there...  It does have a
USB
port so you could hook up A/D that way... Shouldn't need any external power for the A/D

>did I mention that it should be cheap...

This would be in the $500 range with 64Megs of RAM. Thats board only, no case, no
powersupply (needs 3.3, 5, and 12) or any extras.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               501.846.5777