Thanks to all who replied to my questions. Somehow the last one
("C++?") got posted there twice - no idea how and why, sorry.

Well, here's why I asked: in my earlier posting re: "atomicps +
controlling networked embedded systems" I described a project, on which we
(currently there are 2 of us) are working - monitoring and controlling a
network of machines. And recently we decided to make it as light and fast
as possible, sacrificing portability, making it Linux-specific, and, in
particular, we want to make it suitable to a wide range of linux-based
embedded systems. Now, none of us has any experience with embsys. Nor is
there any specific embsys project around we could try our ideas on. So, to
add some flesh to our project -  are looking for an embsys developer to
join our team, or to at least give some recommendations from time to
time. It's an open source GPLed project, based on sourceforge, called
NetControl. You can check the site, we have uploaded some stuff there -
our ideas, some code, but some of that is outdated, some is pretty
chaotic...

Thanks
Guennadi
___