Hi.

> Next state: include /dev. I created /var/dev in ramdisk, copied everything
> from /dev into it, "cp -a /dev/* var_ramfile_mount_point/dev"
> and then "ln -s /dev /var/dev" as suggested in the faq - os should I say,
> as I understood it. 'cause the problem is when / is mounted, /dev is linked
> to /var/dev, which has not been mounted yet, and I guess init needs /dev/console
> as the controlling terminal, and can't find it, rightly.
>
> I believe this is the problem, but can't see the solution :-(

I did it that way:
1. created a ramdisk for the /dev-stuff
2. created an ext2fs on the ramdisk (minix is also ok, maybe a bit better as it eats
less space)
3. mounted the ramdisk to /mnt
4. copied /dev/* to /mnt
5. unmounted /mnt
6. mounted ramdisk to /dev

That way, /dev is never empty and it worked fine for me. No need to symlink any other
dir.

Hope that helps.

Bye, Mike