Junko IKEDA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to make sf-ex into a quorum plugin,
> but It might take a while because we aren't really familiar with it.
> Your continued support will be greatly appreciated.
>
> as for RA, last come, last served, let's see, the last node which can update
> the reserve status is going to win the right to run resources, won't work at
> all?

At some point the algorithm will terminate on each side of the connection.

What is vital is that after one side terminates and think it has
ownership of the resources that the other side not terminate thinking
that it also has ownership of the resource.

It is also important that the monitor action for this resource be
invoked frequently, and that it verify that it continues to own the
resource, and fail if the other side somehow takes ownership away.

If everything goes well, then one side will "start" the resource and
succeed, and the other side will try and start the resource and fail to
do so.  Normally heartbeat will try and relocate the resource on another
node after a start failure.  After it runs out of nodes which have had
start failures, then it will not start it anywhere until a human intervenes.

If the other side subsequently dies for any reason (including STONITH),
then this side will be unable to take over the resource without human
intervention.

I have also just come into possession of a piece of code which does this
same kind of work, and is known to work correctly.  I'll post it after I
read it over in more detail.

--
    Alan Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Wilberforce