On Feb 5, 2008, at 1:22 AM, Tadashiro Yoshida wrote:

At Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:13:29 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote in <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >:
--------------------

On Feb 4, 2008, at 1:59 PM, Tadashiro Yoshida wrote:

I understand Andrew will release Pacemaker, and Alan will release
Heartbeat, individually.

Now we are standing on a starting point of this discussion ;-)

Someone should testify the combination of these packages in the same
way as  Heartbeat+CRM used to be done. I think volunteer testers in
the community had better to do it as well as Andrew does it. If so,
we should share the set of combination of these packages for testing.

Pacemaker project gathers volunteers to test Heartbeat+Pacemaker.
Heartbeat project gathers volunteers too. Therefore, two groups for
testing are needed.

That is what I wanted say, power of the community will be divided.

The community is not divided because there is no functional overlap
between the projects - Heartbeat and Pacemaker do different things.
To make an analogy, one would not claim that the existence of X11
fragments the KDE community.

And you're completely forgetting the about the OpenAIS community that
can now work with us too - if anything the power of the community is
_multiplied_.
Seriously, SUSE and Red Hat are finally working together on a common
cluster infrastructure and you're worried about fragmentation??

No. New combination of Pacemaker and OpenAIS certainly contribute quality of the Pacemaker up, and it is good for Heartbeat too.

I just want to know current and future situation and to know what the best way is for us.

Again, there are no definite conventions and rules how each software module should be divided. It depends on the product and project. It's apparently up to developers, not me.

My understanding in the discussion so far is as follows:

1) Pacemaker is provided to both of Heartbeat and OpenAIS.

yes

2) Pacemaker will be released after sedulous test with Heartbeat as well as OpenAIS.

yes

3) Pacemaker will accept any beneficial change from Heartbeat and OpenAIS community.

definitely

Is it correct above?

Regards,

Tadashiro Yoshida