Hi Hideo -

2010/9/2  <renayama19661...@ybb.ne.jp>:
> Hi Serge,
> Hi Lars,
>
>> > While I'm agree in general I'm not sure that it wouldn't be better to
>> > modify ocf_run in a way that it would return actual error code form a
>> > command that it ran instead of generic $OCF_ERR_GENERIC
>>
>> I'd be inclined to agree, but one needs to briefly review the resource
>> agents to see whether this change would cause any ill effects.
>

> It does not have the objection that ocf_run comes to give back a actual error
> code to the resource
> agent.
>
> But, I think that the log output which pgsql performs after ocf_run is noisy
> because ocf_run gives
> error log in the case of pgsql.

I think we already addressed that nosiness in the monitor operation.
As for start/stop I think it's rather critical to have an output
information from pg_ctl in the log file.

>  * There may be little influence on other resource agents.

There shouldn't be any impact. Agents usually just check the return
code was zero in case of success or non zero in case of failure. pgsql
though has that additional logic to check what was the real problem on
the start of posgresql an expects to have a real exit code from
pg_ctl.

> Best Regards,
> Hideo Yamauchi.
>

> --- Lars Marowsky-Bree <l...@novell.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-09-01T20:26:09, Serge Dubrouski <serge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > While I'm agree in general I'm not sure that it wouldn't be better to
>> > modify ocf_run in a way that it would return actual error code form a
>> > command that it ran instead of generic $OCF_ERR_GENERIC
>>
>> I'd be inclined to agree, but one needs to briefly review the resource
>> agents to see whether this change would cause any ill effects.
>>

>> Regards,
>>     Lars
>>
>> --
>> Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.
>> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG N将舐nberg)
>> "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." -- Oscar Wilde

Serge Dubrouski.