2010/9/3  <renayama19661...@ybb.ne.jp>:
> Hi Serge,
>
>> > But, I think that the log output which pgsql performs after ocf_run is
>> > noisy because ocf_run
>> gives
>> > error log in the case of pgsql.
>>
>> I think we already addressed that nosiness in the monitor operation.
>> As for start/stop I think it's rather critical to have an output
>> information from pg_ctl in the log file.
>
> The annoying log when monitor was finished normally was canceled by a q
> option.

And that covers most of the annoying logging.

> However, ocf_run always outputs an error when an error happened.
> And log is output in pgsql more in the back.

I'd rather say that it's good to have that additional info on the log
file for troubleshooting purposes. In this case administrator doesn't
have to collect all necessary information from the different places
and is able to fix the problem quicker.

> At the time of start/stop, it may be surely right that log after ocf_run
> appears.
>
> If there is importance of the log output behind very much, I withdraw my
> patch.
> And I explain that log increases in our user.

I'd say yes it's good to have that additional info for error cases.
However if we can't modify ocf_run and make it to return the right
exit code, then we surely need to apply your patch.

> Best Regards,
> Hideo Yamauchi.
>
> --- Serge Dubrouski <serge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Hideo -
>>
>> 2010/9/2  <renayama19661...@ybb.ne.jp>:
>> > Hi Serge,
>> > Hi Lars,

>> > It does not have the objection that ocf_run comes to give back a actual
>> > error code to the
>> resource
>> > agent.
>> >
>> > But, I think that the log output which pgsql performs after ocf_run is
>> > noisy because ocf_run
>> gives
>> > error log in the case of pgsql.
>>
>> I think we already addressed that nosiness in the monitor operation.
>> As for start/stop I think it's rather critical to have an output
>> information from pg_ctl in the log file.
>> >
>> > ツ* There may be little influence on other resource agents.
>>
>> There shouldn't be any impact. Agents usually just check the return
>> code was zero in case of success or non zero in case of failure. pgsql
>> though has that additional logic to check what was the real problem on
>> the start of posgresql an expects to have a real exit code from
>> pg_ctl.
>>

>> > Best Regards,
>> > Hideo Yamauchi.

>> --