On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 01:24:40AM -0700, Takatoshi MATSUO wrote:
> check existence of instance number in replication mode
> because Pacemaker 1.1.8 or higher do not append instance numbers.

I think this is wrong.

It seems this became "necessary" because of

 commit 427c7fe6ea94a566aaa714daf8d214290632f837
 Author: Andrew Beekhof <and...@beekhof.net>
 Date:   Fri Jul 13 13:37:42 2012 +1000

    High: PE: Do not append instance numbers to anonymous clones

    Benefits:
    - they shouldnt have been exposed in the first place, but I didnt know how
not to back then
    - if admins don't know what they are, they can't be misunderstood or misused
    - more reliable failcount and promotion scores (since you dont have to
check for all possible permutations)
    - smaller status section since there cant be entries for each possible :N
suffix
    - the name in the config corresponds to the resource in the logs

So if pgsql thinks it needs these instance numbers,
maybe it is not so "anonymous" a clone, after all?

Would the existing resource agent work with globally-unique=true ?

        Lars

--
: Lars Ellenberg