Am Dienstag, 10. April 2007 14:14 schrieb Lars Marowsky-Bree:
> > Per-node ordering might be not the right way. Think about the following.
> > Four clones on four machines. Machine 3 dies and the first one has to
> > take over. 1) Resource 1 is shout down
> > 2) Resource 1 is started
> > 3) Resource 3 is started.
> >
> > Between 1) and 2) there is no connectivity for resource 1.
>
> Uhm. Of course. Machine 3 has just died. Of course there's no
> connectivity until it is restarted.

Not really. Not only resource 3 is not available during failover, but ALSO all
other resources! That is the problem.

To make it clear in the above situation of failure of node 3:
1) resource 4 on node 4 is stopped
2) node 3 is failed
3) resource 2 on node 2 is stopped
4) resource 1 on node 1 is stopped
5) resrouce 1 on node 1 is started
6) resource 2 on node 2 is started
7) resource 3 on node 1 is started
8) resource 4 on node 4 is started

The time from 1) to 8) might be several seconds (~10s). During this time
resource 4 is not available although it is not affected from failure and no
additional resource is started on that node.

> But, there also won't be any IP rejects/denied being send, as none of
> the other node replies to that specific hash bucket yet. So, it'll look
> like a brief delay only.
>
> > Is would be better just to start resource 3 on node 1.
>
> That's what happens. If node3 crashed, we obviously don't stop the
> resource - that's implied in the node hosting the resource being gone &
> fenced.

No. In ordered clones ALL resources are stopped on ALL nodes and then started
again. Of course the resource of the failed node is started on a new node.
This process might last quite long for more than two nodes.

Or perhaps I have a mistake in my setup os the ordered clone resource...

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42