On Feb 7, 2008, at 6:59 PM, Luis Martin-Santos wrote:

El 07/02/2008, a las 18:24, Miroslav Strugarevic escribió:

On Feb 7, 2008 4:26 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 02:10:23PM +0100, Luis Martin-Santos wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if there were a web based heartbeat gui?
Hi,

that would be great. Even If someone with good Python and Glade skills
could make GUI a little bit more "usable" and Gnome oriented
(cosmetics side off course ;). I would like to help but maybe for a
mockup only, nothing more :(

Well, I was thinking more on reachability and device independent access to the cluster. One drawback I see now is that admins have to ssh -X or directly vnc a linux machine that has the client installed in order to operate with the cluster.

one can also connect to the CIB from non-cluster nodes

Being web-based it would become ubiquitous and could be accessed by lots of devices. Being the communications between the web client and the server part XML, it would become interoperable and allow further developments in the client side. Imagine that the web client part could be interchangeable and replace it with a windows native client, or a web service that queries the cluster status before trying to perform a transaction ...

Thanks...

Definitely.

Does any
documentation about the client protocol exist? Maybe I give it a try...

The documentation is rather scarce, I'm afraid. The current GUI
is based on python and, if you speak python, you could take a
look there.

Another option would be to just invoke external programs such as
crm_mon, crm_resource, cibadmin, crm_attribute, etc. These
programs are right now probably the best documentation for the
API.

Thanks,

Dejan

El 07/02/2008, a las 13:55, Xinwei Hu escribi?: