On Feb 8, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:

(...)
Improving the SNMP support is something I'm quite serious about.
Its on my (not exactly short) to-do list for pacemaker 1.0.

As far as I feel the SNMP Agent with the patches from Keisuke Mori is good
enough for now.

Oh we have his patches already - they're great.
I'm thinking of (optionally) providing details at the operation level too.

The network management station gets the idea that something
bad happend (not all nodes online, resources show failiures), That is enough
to ring the alarm bell. The admin can then have a closer look with the
cluster tools (crm_mon, crm_verify, ...) and fix the problem.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42