Well, in 2.1.3 quorum server seems not to work. I really need it for a DR
cluster but I'm not able to make it work. The certs are ok, Heartbeat connects
to the quorum server to obtain quorum but it seems that the quorum server does
not return anything or returns invalid quorum. The result is resources cannot
run anywhere due to lack of quorum.

As I understand Quorum server is not part of the cluster. Heartbeat does not
have to start it. One quorum server can serve many clusters.

Quorum server is not SPOF. Heartbeat contacts the quorum server only when
change in the membership is detected, for e.g. a member node has been
disconnected. Under normal conditions the quorum server is not contacted.

HA_quorum variable shows which quorum plugin should heartbeat use (Majority is
the default one). How exactly it works I don't know. It seems that nobody knows
anything about the quorum server except its creator. Alan R. is teh author as
I've been told. Also there are some quorum server concept disagreements.

If anyone knows anything more about the quorum server please share it with us.
Thanks.

Atanas Dyulgerov