Hi,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:43:15AM +0200, Atanas Dyulgerov wrote:

> Well, in 2.1.3 quorum server seems not to work. I really need
> it for a DR cluster but I'm not able to make it work. The certs
> are ok, Heartbeat connects to the quorum server to obtain
> quorum but it seems that the quorum server does not return
> anything or returns invalid quorum. The result is resources
> cannot run anywhere due to lack of quorum.
>
> As I understand Quorum server is not part of the cluster.
> Heartbeat does not have to start it. One quorum server can
> serve many clusters.
>
> Quorum server is not SPOF. Heartbeat contacts the quorum server
> only when change in the membership is detected, for e.g. a
> member node has been disconnected. Under normal conditions the
> quorum server is not contacted.
>
> HA_quorum variable shows which quorum plugin should heartbeat
> use (Majority is the default one). How exactly it works I don't
> know.

The variable should be set to one or more quorum plugins, like
this:

q1[:q2]

The plugins are invoked in turn until one of them reports a
non-tie status.

> It seems that nobody knows anything about the quorum
> server except its creator. Alan R. is teh author as I've been
> told.

Alan influenced the design but I think that the implementation
was done by another programmer from IBM.

> Also there are some quorum server concept disagreements.

Perhaps you can find a trace of that in the lists' archives.

Thanks,

Dejan