Hi,

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 01:23:17AM +0100, Helmut Weymann wrote:
> Hi Dejan,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2010 schrieb Dejan Muhamedagic:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 09:13:19PM +0100, Helmut Weymann wrote:
> > > Hi Dejan,
> > >
> > > many thanks for your comments.
> > >
> > > I have no idea about the programming standards the linux-ha project uses.
> > > I am just a simple user who wants to build a cluster.
> > >
> > > So, if you want me to apply necessary changes, Please help me. Which name
> > > shall I define where?
> >
> > Not sure what do you mean here. What I meant is that the
> > attached file name does not correspond to the plugin name.
>
> What is the right filename?

If the device name is "IP Power 9258" I wouldn't expect the
script to be named ippower2958 :)

> > > On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:51:09 +0100, Dejan wrote

> > > There is a standard html-interface which includes the port names. But, it
> > > requires login via post-method. In response to that login the
> > > web-interface places a session-cookie and always refers to that cookie
> > > whenever a new command is sent.
> > >
> > > If someone helps me to build the necessary script, I'll do anything
> > > necessary to test and finalize that plugin.
> > >
> > > As a starting point this is the login page:

[...]
> > Perhaps to save the cookie in /var/run/heartbeat/rsctmp/. wget
> > has some cookies options which should help.
>
> The cookie is no problem. Yes, wget and curl can handle the cookie.
> The problem is <script LANGUAGE="javascript" SRC="/md5.js"
> TYPE="text/javascript">
> This is a custom javascript - located on the device - which is needed to
> prepare the post-data for wget. It is not compatibe with "openssl dgst -md5".
> That script includes the javascript function  hex_md5(<string>).
> I'm ready to handle everything else which is needed. It is just that
> javascript function which makes it impossible for me to use the web-interface.

Ugh, sorry, didn't see that it's javascript. I'm afraid we're out
of luck then.

> I have spent hours reading documentation and searching google. I have had no
> success.
>
> May I please propose a manual interface to define the mapping beetween host
> and port of the device? Either as the already proposed hostlist or as eight
> separate parameters. Each of them representing one of the 4 or 8 ports.

Well, if that's the only way, let's have it like that. Perhaps
also to allow for a host-port map file, which would be preferable
if for instance ports 7 and 8 are used. Though that file could be
a maintenance issue, with csync2 or rsync it could be kept in
good shape.

The parameter hostlist should be renamed to port_map or similar.

Cheers,

Dejan