Hi,

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:37:50AM -0300, Henrique Fernandes wrote:
> When i set heartbeat to do bcast in some interface, it does ok.
>
> But if i set to do bcast in 2 interfaces, it does ok also, the problem is, i
> want the heartbeat give up resoucers if it looses just one interface... it
> does not do this, it just issue an info saying that the other link is down.
>
> Does any one can help me ?
>
> So just to be clear, i want to heartbeat check on 2 diferents interfaces
> eth0 and eth1, and if it loses connections in one of the interfaces, it give
> up resources or shutdown etc..
>
> As i am doing now it doe snothing, and i can get it to do.
>

> I am trying to make three ldiretord in HA, but it receves connections from
> internet on eth0 and redirect them in eth1 ( intranet )
> The point is, if any interface goes down, my service does not work. So i
> need it to give up resources.
>
> Sorry about my english!

NP, you make yourself perfectly understandable.

The point of having more than one interface is exactly that
heartbeat can continue. It has nothing to do with resources.

If you're using pacemaker (not sure how would it work with
heartbeat v1), you can use a ping RA and specify two hosts
independently reachable over the two interfaces and make a
location constraint which would move a resource if the count of
reachable hosts is less than 2.

Thanks,

Dejan