Hi!

I had the doubt that setting up the SBD resources is described correctly in the
"High Availability Guide" of SLES 11. My comment (to Novell I think) was:
"Shouldn't here be a resource per node? Following the procedure, the resource
just starts on an arbitrary node. If one primitive per node, you'll need a
locational contraint to avoid multiple primitived running on the same node,
right?"

Another book uses a clone resource for SBD (which seems to make sense).

For all who don't have the test at hands, here's what the guide writes about
SBD setup (page 194):

-------snip--------
Configuring the Fencing Resource
1 To complete the SBD setup, it is necessary to activate SBD as a
STONITH/fencing
mechanism in the CIB as follows:
crm configure
crm(live)configure# property stonith-enabled="true"
crm(live)configure# property stonith-timeout="30s"
crm(live)configure# primitive stonith_sbd stonith:external/sbd params
sbd_device="/dev/SBD"
crm(live)configure# commit
crm(live)configure# quit
Which value to set for stonith-timeout depends on the msgwait timeout.
Provided you kept the default msgwait timeout value (10 seconds), setting
stonith-timeout to 30 seconds is appropriate.
Since node slots are allocated automatically, no manual hostlist needs to be
defined.
2 Disable any other fencing devices you might have configured before, since the
SBD
mechanism is used for this function now.
Once the resource has started, your cluster is now successfully configured for
sharedstorage
fencing, and will utilize this method in case a node needs to be fenced.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Ulrich

>>> Tanja Roth <tar...@suse.de> schrieb am 18.05.2011 um 17:42 in Nachricht