<20110519111526.gn26...@suse.de>:
> On 2011-05-19T09:19:42, Ulrich Windl <ulrich.wi...@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I had the doubt that setting up the SBD resources is described correctly in
> the "High Availability Guide" of SLES 11. My comment (to Novell I think) was:
> "Shouldn't here be a resource per node? Following the procedure, the resource
> just starts on an arbitrary node. If one primitive per node, you'll need a
> locational contraint to avoid multiple primitived running on the same node,
> right?"
>
> No, one external/sbd resource per device (which usually means: per
> cluster) is sufficient.
>
> And you do not need to clone it.

>From the description:
"sbd uses a shared storage device as a medium to communicate
fencing requests. This allows clusters without network power
switches; the downside is that access to the shared storage
device becomes a Single Point of Failure."

So the sbd resource distributes the fencing requests. Now what if the node
where sdb runs is the minority (non-quorum)? How can the rest of the cluster
tell the minority to fence (in case of a networking failure). AFAIK, as long as
the storage is reachable, the sbd daemons will just be happy.

Maybe it's confusing that an sbd daemon runs on every node, but the sbd
resource only runs on one node. Some more documentationg words might help here.

Regards,
Ulrich