To clarify, I was not seeking a quick response. I just noticed the
threads I searched
were NEVER answered, with the problem that I reported. That being said
and about standby:

Why does my node come up as standby and not as online? Is there a
setting in my conf file
that affects that? Or another issue, is it configuration, please advise.

Thanks,
Randy

PS - Here are some threads were it seems they were never answered, one
going back 3 years ago:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-ha@lists.linux-ha.org/msg09886.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org/msg07663.html
http://lists.community.tummy.com/pipermail/linux-ha/2008-August/034310.html