<05CDC1A731F2E64C8C3BD1957047E8444727D4@office-server2.m247.local>:
> Hi,
>
> I appreciate that, but it doesn't answer the question.
>
> What I'm getting at, is there are multiple scenarios where a system
> can fail but in my test scenario I was forcing high load.  My application
> wouldn't, in a working scenario, ever cause this type of load unless there
> was a very serious issue that would warrant failover.  So in this scenario I

So I guess when doing this:

while sleep 10
do
   reset-watchdog-timeout
done

will do the job, assuming sleep is an external command. If you cannot fork,
sleep will fail, the watchdog won't be reset, and the watchdog will reboot the
node. Other nodes will detect this and take over resources as configured.

[...]

Regards,
Ulrich