Il giorno Lun 19 Set 2011 17:55:58 CEST, Dejan Muhamedagic ha scritto:
> Hi,
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 09:43:43AM +0200, RaSca wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I've got a two node pacemaker/corosync cluster with some virtual domain
>> resources on some DRBD devices.
>> Every DRBD device is configured in dual primary setup and I have enabled
>> the live migration. Cluster has also stonith enabled.
>> My problem is that if a live migration for a single virtualdomain
>> resource fails, then this node gets fenced, making unavailable also all
> AFAIK, failing migration shouldn't result in node fence. I guess
> that actually the subsequent stop operation failed, right? In
> that case, that's probably a bug somewhere in the RA or VM code.
> Thanks,
> Dejan

Hi Dejan,
thanks as usual for your response. In the end, since that I was facing
too much unexplainable problems I decided to upgrade libvirt and the
kernel itself to a newer version (from squeeze to squeeze-backports).
Until now problems seems to be resolved.

In Pacemaker Explained (Andrew, I'm almost finished with the
translation, I swear!) it is written that the default action on fail is
"fence", so it is assumed that if a single resource fails, then the
entire node is fenced. Note that at the moment every of my virtualdomain
resource have got the on-fail action set with "restart", and I've not
faced any fence.
But please, help me to understand this: what do you mean with
"subsequent stop operation"? It is very plausible that this was the
reason, since the failed virtual machines were in state "paused" even if
I was forcing the stop. Does this is enough to make a node fence? Why
this failure is not considered in "on-fail" parameter declaration?

Do I made myself clear?

Thanks a lot,

--
RaSca
Mia Mamma Usa Linux: Niente รจ impossibile da capire, se lo spieghi bene!