On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 12:42:55AM +0300, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
> 02.07.2013 20:05, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> >>>

> >> One thing I see immediately, is that node utilization attributes are
> >> deleted after I do 'load update' with empty node utilization sections.
> >> That is probably not specific to this patch.
> >
> > Right.
> >
> >> I have that attributes dynamic, set from a RA (as node configuration may
> >> vary, I prefer to detect how much CPU and RAM I have and set utilization
> >> accordingly rather then put every hardware change into CIB).
> >>
> >> On the one hand, I would agree that crmsh does what is intended - if no
> >> utilization attributes is set in a config update, then they shoud be
> >> removed.
> >
> > Well, thinking more about it, the attributes should be merged.
> > The only trouble is that that would then change the command
> > semantically.
>
> Not sure that is expected by most people.
> How you then delete attributes?

Tough call :) Ideas welcome.

> If you really think about implementing that merging, I would introduce a
> crmsh config option for that. F.e. node_attr_policy (replace|merge).

I'm not very keen on configuration options having effect in a
process like this one. It's awkward and easy to forget and then
not obvious how to read the current setting.

It's not only for the nodes. Attributes of resources should be
merged as well. Perhaps to introduce another load method, say
merge, which would merge attributes of elements instead of
replacing them. Though the use would then get more complex (which
seems to be justified here).

Cheers,

Dejan