According to david ber: While burning my CPU.

> Hi there.
> I am using Slackware kernel 2.0.35 and ax25-utils-2.1.42a.
>
>  I just compile ax25 utils and try to attach my TNC Kantronics KAM Plus and
> got the following:
>
>  # kissattach -i 44.188.208.1 /dev/ttyS0 vhf
>  kissattach: TIOCSETD: Invalid argument
>
> My axports file for the single mode is as follows:
>
> # /etc/ax25/axports
> #
> # The format of this file is:
> #
> # name callsign speed paclen window description
> #
> vhf  OA4DCF-1   1200 255 2 vhf_freq (1200 bps)
>

>  I donīt know what the problem is. I have been looking for the message and I
> canīt find any help about it.
>
>  Also I have been trying with the dual mode but the problem is the same.
>
> #/usr/sbin/mkiss -s 1200 /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ptyq0 /dev/ptyq1
> #/usr/sbin/kissattach -i 44.94.248.213 /dev/ttyq0 vhf
>
>  kissattach: TIOCSETD: Invalid argument
>
> My axports file for the dual mode is as follows:
>
> # /etc/ax25/axports
> #
> # The format of this file is:
> #
> # name callsign speed paclen window description
> #
> vhf  OA4DCF-1   1200 255 2 vhf_freq (1200 bps)
> hf   OA4DCF-2    300 127 1 hf_freq (300 bps)
>
> I have read the Linux AX25-Howto  (v1.5  17 October 1997), also I verified
> the CONFIG file and the CONFIG_MKISS=y

Well the error message means no mkiss in the kernel, did you copy
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage to either / or /boot and  make an entry
in /etc/lilo.conf for it and rerun lilo to "install" the new kernel.???

Another thing which "could" be worth a mention is that if you define AX25 as
a module and mkiss as =y your compile will fail, but then you should have
seen that when compiling, so the chances are that ax25 looks like AX25=y if
you check your .config file.

It realy looks like you are using a kernel other that the one you think.

To see which version is running you can use;
uname -r
or a beter way is;
cat /proc/cmdline
That shows which label the kernel has, that then allows you to check
/etc/lilo.conf to make sure the correct kernel has been loaded.