For 3 days I have been trying to get the new and much wanted new
kernel. This evening after knowing the ax25-utils will not work with the
kernel I decided to for-go those and see what else works.

        I loged on as root and typed startx and to my horror it never came
up! I did a Ctrl-Alt-F1 and among other things I saw it say over and over
and over..."unable to open socket for local".

        So I reset lilo and I'm back with 2.0.36 and will stay here. I
will fix my laptop and delete 2.2.0 from it.

        It's clear the kernel workers never tried 2.2.0 on a Red Hat 5.2
loaded Linux. Nor have they tried it with the ax25-utils. Since I can't
even get X windows loaded there is no telling what else failed...:-(

        So, for those who have yet to try the new 13 mbyte when a tar.gz
kernel be warned. It doesn't work very well.

Best wishes

         - Karl F. Larsen, [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (505) 524-3303  -