Karl your full of "stuff". I'm sorry you have not been able to get it to
work, but I can assure you it does not stink. I have compiled every kernel
from .99 something and am running 2.2.1 here now with basic ax25 and it
is the fastest most reponsive, feature endowed kernel yet. I'm running it
on top of RH 5.1 but you MUST read linux/Documentation/Changes and upgrade
some packages.
Karl I know you go out of your way to be helpfull and it has pained my in
the past when others have flamed you unmercefully when you have given out
bad advice, even though it was well intentioned, but you pushed me over
the edge this morning even after I had my coffee by making such a
statement.
No linux kernel has been released without bugs. 2.0 is now up to 2.0.36
and climbing. The fact 2.2.1 was released days after 2.2 is just the
normal pregression of changes. 2.2.2 will be out this next week but it
will not fix your problems. Why don't you bite your tongue and wait for
a RH 5.3 or whatever the 2.2 distribution is called. This message coming
to you via 2.2.1/ax25.

Rant_Off
Bob - wd6dod