Ever since I've recompiled my kernel for ax25 support, I keep getting
some error messages during bootup and whenever I load the hdlcdrv and
soundmodem drivers.
The messages are as follows;

modprobe: can't locate module net-pf-4
modprobe: can't locate module net-pf-5

Thes messages are often repeated several times. I am currently running
kernel 2.2.9. The same problem existed when I was running kernel 2.0.34.
The funniest part is that even if I recompile my kernel without the ax25
support, I still get the these error message at boot up.

I've grepped through all of the kernel source files and I can't find any
referencs to the text 'net-pf-4' or 'net-pf-5'. The only place I found
references to this text is in the modprobe executable program. Like I
said these messages did not appear until after the first time I had
compiled a kernel with ax25 support.

Does anyone know what is causing these messages? Does anyone know where
the net-pf-4 and net-pf-5 modules are? And why would the message persist
even after I've recompiled the kernel without ax25 support?

--

Danny Arseneau
Chief Technology Officer