On Fri, 09 Jul 1999, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> Tell us more. Where did you get it? What is it.

Here is some information on what WDBI is:
-------
WDBI stands for 'Web DataBase Interface'. WDBI is a program written in Perl that lets
you use a Web browser to
      interact with a database. You can search your data, enter new data, and update
or delete existing data using your
      favorite Web browser.

      WDBI is built on top of other Perl modules written specifically for the database
you want to use. The master database
      interface controller is called DBI. DBI controls a variety of database drivers
that let you use Perl programs to hit against
      your favorite database. The database drivers are called DBD::mysql, DBD::Sybase,
DBD::Postgres, etc. The idea is to
      let programmers write database programs once that can be used against any
database that has a Perl DBD module to
      support it.

      Databases Supported:

            MySQL
            Sybase
            mSQL 1,2
            PostgreSQL
            Oracle (coming soon!)
            Informix (coming soon!)

--------
The above can be found here: http://www.wdbi.net/

Dbengine is easier to install. Like I said, it worked for me out of the box.
Here is an exerpt from postgres-howto:
------
14.2 WWW Web interface for PostgresSQL - DBENGINE

dbengine a plug 'n play Web interface for PostgreSQL created by Ingo Ciechowski. It is
at

      http://www.cis-computer.com/dbengine/

About DBENGINE : dbengine is an interface between the WWW and Postgres95 which
provides simple access to any existing
database within just a few minutes.

Hope it helps.

kb2qzv