Dear Terry,

I have been following the chatter regarding the AX25-HOWTO, and I've been
wondering why there was this perceived "problem" with updates, etc.  To
say the least, I've been surprised at some of the comments regarding this
issue.  I just want say that your remarks on this issue could not be
better stated!  Thank you for spending your time constructing a reasoned
response that integrates the GPL concept into what Amateur Radio should be
all about.

Best Wishes,
Dave

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> <rant>
> You know, one of the things that annoys me most about the Amateur
> Radio community is that it has almost zero appreciation of one of the
> key factors behind the success of Linux - licensing. The AX25-HOWTO is
> covered by the GPL, I made that decision, and I made it on purpose. I
> wasn't a lamb following behind everybody else, I used the GPL because I
> believed it was the appropriate license to use.