On Thu, 27 Apr 2000,  Charles E. Gelm wrote about,  Re: Question, was; [ANNOUNCE]
new-AX.25 for 2.2.14 Rel. 5:
> Hi, Richard et allia:
>
>  I probably didn't give enough information in my original post.
>
>  I am assuming that everyone in 'linux-hams' is familiar with
> 'NetRom', 'TheNet' and 'BPQ node' application. I use packet BBS
> software authored by AA4RE. A mention is made to the node function
> in the MSYS BBS program by WA8BXN.
>
>  I run a  three radio port  packet node and mail switch.
> O/S is MS-DOS v6.22, applications are G8BPQ code v4.08a
> and AA4RE's BB v2.1t.
>
>  With this combination I propagate the CALLSIGN-SSID that others
> can use to establish a 'node' circuit to my node switch and the
> CALLSIGN-SSID to use to establish a node circuit to my pBBS.
> These two NODE & BBS CALLSIGN-SSIDs are the same on all packet radio
> ports.
>
>  Occasionally my neighbor node's routing is messed up and I need to
> establish AX.25 circuits for forwarding. With TheNet, NetRom, MSYS,
> and G8BPQ nodes it is intuitively obvious what ALIAS-SSID anyone can
> use to establish AX.25 circuits.
>
>  What I am asking is;
>
> 1. if I change my O/S to linux and my node application to linux-node,
> (and the pBBS application to linux-F6FBB. )
> will my three radio ports each require a unique CALLSIGN-SSID
> for the node and each require a unique CALLSIGN-SSID for the pBBS?
>
> 2. Can I make it intuitive what CALLSIGN-SSID or ALAIS-SSID is
> accepting AX.25 circuits to the NODE ?

Yes ax25d will listen for callsin-ssid combinations and start the defined
program.

> 3. Can I make it intuitive what CALLSIGN-SSID or ALAIS-SSID is
> accepting AX.25 circuits to the pBBS ?

Same as above.

> 4. Can these CALLSIGN-SSIDs or ALIAS-SSIDs be the same on all radio
> ports?

No each interface will need a seperate callsign-ssid combination, however
ax25d can be configured to listen for a seperate ssid on the same interface.

A senario would be,

port 1 n9zzz
port 2 n9zzz-1
port 2 n9zzz-2

In the ax25d configuration file one could define;

callssign-ssid VIA port 1  'open a certain program, node for example'.

Or i belive i am correct in saying,

n9zzz-2 VIA * which will take the asterisk as meaning accept n9zzz-2
on all interfaces and open program X for the connectee.

XFBB i belive needs a dummy interface via node, i dont run XFBB myself so i
cant realy comment, but i am sure there will be others willing to help.

> Chuck nc8q
> a.k.a. Joe Packet

I think we can forget the aka, ;-)

--