Hi, John:

I thought Naylor & Manninen said that it is 'dirty' code to allow
L3 & L2 connect requests to the same CALLSIGN-SSID.
I thought this couldn't be done in linux.

Thanks a bunch.  I'll give linux another look see.

It seems that there is a lot of configuration to be done
and a lot of useless CALLSIGN-SSID assignments.

The paragraph below is what I thought could not be done:
Have the node ALIAS:CALLSIGN-SSID respond to an AX.25 connect.

John Ackermann wrote:

> If the NetROM system and applications are set up properly, users could
> do an AX.25 connection to, for example, FBB, using the call/SSID that
> appears in the "MVFMA:W8APR-0" entry of the NetROM nodes list -- it
> will respond to both that alias and call/SSID via AX.25, or to the
> MVFMA node via NetROM.  However, you don't *have* to do it that way, so
> there's no guarantees.

<snip>