  Re: About Bios Update (Jim Jerzycke)

From: "Gundam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.networking
Subject: Re: CONFIGURING SOUND VIA AC97
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:15:57 +0800

Hi,

I also have the P5M4-M+ and having similar problems. First of all, I cannot
get it to probe the onboard AGP display card. Are you able to do so and get
the X running? Please advice. Thanks!

Edwin.
Please reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: "Boomer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Setting up a standart modem to Iwaynet in Corel LINUX OS Deluxe
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:20:39 -0700

I am running Corel Linux OS Delux.
Corel Linux is powered by Debian Linux distribution
and a set of complimentary tools & utilities from GNU.

I tried to setup a External Robotics modem on COM2 with problems.
I am trying to connect to IWAYNET.
Primary     DSN 198-30-29-7
Secondary DSN 198-30-29-8
When I use Linux OS to connect to the ISP(Iwaynet),
Linux/Modem sends the following commands
AT&F1S11=40
ok
ATM1L3
ok
ATDT324-0517    (The system dials-up iwaynet)

then Iwaynet comes back with the following messages;
connect  4400/ARQ/V90/LAPM/V42BIS
then the Iwaynet ISP requests Login ID and Password.
then
ppp session from (198.30.105.198) to 206.21.106.14
beginning ........................................................... , etc.
Then I get the following error.
"The PPPD Daemon Died Unexpectedly"
I tried the Prodigy ISP with the same problems.
Do you have suggestions?
I use this same modem to connect to Iwaynet and Prodigy from Windows 98.
Thank You
Bob Whitman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
1821 Willoway Circle North
Columbus, Ohio  43220
Tel:     614-538-1597
FAX:  614-538-8187

From: Jim Jerzycke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: About Bios Update
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:34:28 +0000

And MAKE SURE you save the old bios to the same floppy in case something
goes wrong! Most of the flash utilities give you the option to save it.
Regards, Jim