Tejun Heo wrote:
Have you received patches in the reverse order? #1 changes ata_irq_on() and #2 adds ata_qc_set_polling().

Hmmm, only a call to ata_chk_status() is added to ata_irq_on(), which I think is needed regardless of other changes, and ata_wait_idle() is removed. Does that make the function heavy?

You're also adding a call to ->irq_clear() in there.

The overall meaning/effect of the patch is heavy: "I don't know why these interrupts are popping up, so I'll whack it with a hammer every chance I get, to make them go away." ;-) ;-)

That's taking the easy way out ;-) It's a bandaid over whatever the -real- problem is.

        Jeff