Jeff Garzik wrote:
>> Aieee... Another merge delay.  I wish the review process proceeded a bit
>> swifter.   The patchset has been around literally for years now and
>> submitted for review six times if I have the take number right.  :-(
>
> Well the vast majority of the patches are in, what five out of six
> original patchsets?

Yeah, I'm frustrated mainly because I've been telling people that
mainline will probably have PMP support when 2.6.24 comes out and it
seems we'll miss the merge window again.  Oh, well...

> Sorry I didn't catch the polling requirement beforehand, it was not
> really clear from a quick read.

->pmp_read/write stuff is something which I've been meaning to change
anyway.  When developing the PMP code, PMP register access while frozen
seemed necessary but now I think we can be just as safe without it.  I
was thinking about changing it after merge because the current code
received a lot of testing and I didn't want to destabilize it right
before merging.

I'll be back home mid next week.  I'll try to re-test and re-submit the
changes ASAP.

Thanks.

--
tejun