On Tue, March 30 1999, Adam Morrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
|Evgeny Stambulchik wrote:
|
|> >  Please reconsider.  Spam does suck, but there are other methods of
|> >  dealing
|> >  with it, and this prevents several common configurations from using the
|> >  list.
|>
|> Which configurations? BTW, the restriction should be based on the "From:"
|> header (not "From", as it used to be for a short period of time when Ariel
|> enabled it).
|
|Any configuration in which the address that eventually gets stuck in the
|From: header differs from the one used to subscribe to the list (or to
|generally receive email).

I'd like to concure to that.  I use Qmail's multi-mailboxes feature to
help me filter incoming mail and identify spam.  I'm also interested
in being able to send message from other mailboxes (e.g. I just sent a
few messages from my workplace over the last week).

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |                     -- Anonymous