On 11 Aug 1999, Adam Morrison wrote:

First of all, I said jobs wont exit when run with nohup, unless your
reading capability is less than your unix knowledge.

Second, ftp WILL exit when it loses the control terminal. Try it, from
bash or tcsh.

In fact, most Unix utilities will exit when losing the control terminal.

You are welcome to prove me otherwise, and this way I might learn
something.

--Ariel

--
Ariel Biener
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Work phone: 03-640608