Well, if you think that Slackware might help, you can try the newest there
is from ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux/slackware-7.0/kernels/. Liloconf and
everything is there. If that helped you, then we probably found a nice
(yet surprising) discovery about RedHat and "their" LILO. Or you can try
Ira's way and to see if that works. Whatever you try - good luck :)

Adir.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Btw, Suse v6.3 is going to come out to the public at December 1st.