> On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Ben-Nes Michael wrote:
>
> > Your answer take me to the next Q.
> > Its time for me to expand my knowledge toward one of the programing language,
> > and Im thinking what shell I learn C or C++.
>
> If it's you first programming language, both are pretty awful choices. Try
> starting off with a more friendly language, like Python. True, you won't
> be able to write devicxe drivers, but device drivers are not a trivial
> first programming exercise, either.

Alternatively, take the openu C course (20386). I believe it will take you far
away then many other options - As far as I know K&R book is still highly
considered. (provided, of course that you will learn it seriously.)

> There's a very good Python tutorial on www.python.org, but it's not suited
> toward people who have not programmed before. OIn the other hand, a short
> search there would probably lead you to Alan Gauld's tutorial, which is
> supposed to be very good.
>
> --
> Moshe Zadka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
> http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html
> http://www.linux.org.il -- we put the penguin in .com

        --  Shaul Karl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[00:41:32 /tmp]$ echo; zgrep -A15 Introduction \
> /usr/share/doc/autoconf/autoconf.html.gz | tail -n12

A physicist, an engineer, and a computer scientist were
discussing the nature of God.  Surely a Physicist, said the
physicist, because early in the Creation, God made Light; and you
know, Maxwell's equations, the dual nature of electro-magnetic
waves, the relativist consequences... An Engineer!, said the
engineer, because before making Light, God split the Chaos into
Land and Water; it takes a hell of an engineer to handle that big
amount of mud, and orderly separation of solids from
liquids... The computer scientist shouted: And the Chaos,
where do you think it was coming from, hmm?

---Anonymous
[00:41:36 /tmp]$