I am looking for a version of glib >= 1.2.7 and gcc >= 2.95.
I started browsing the mirrors at
ftp://ftp.iglu.org.il/pub/distributions/, and quickly got confused.

I remember that there was some stench about gcc version 2.96 or something.

Where can I RTFM the authoritative information about versions to be
downloaded and from where (preferably in Israel) to download them?

The up-to-date versions of glib and gcc are needed for an i686 Linux
system originally installed from RedHat 6.2 CD-ROM.
                                             --- Omer
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  see at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html