On Thu, 10 May 2001, Ilya Konstantinov wrote:

> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 01:04:35PM +0300, Nadav Har'El wrote:
> > It depends what you mean by #1: if you mean "switch language and the local
> > direction that goes with it", than you are not missing anything. But Ehud
> > wrote "Direction unchanged, Hebrew", etc., and in that case something was
> > missing (I thought your #2 was missing from his suggestion and he split
> > your #1 into two different bindings, but maybe I misunderstood).
>
> Hebrew cannot be inputted "direction-unchanged". As to the cursor
But it input alignment unchabged, and I think that's he meant. That is, a
left-aligned Herew paragraph.

As for testing how things actually work on Windows,
The behavior on Windows in widgets and in applications is not necessarily
the same. In widgets:
leftCtrl-Shift  = align left
rightCtrl-Shift = align right
altShift = toggle between the first R2L and first L2R languages

As for when this happens, in the ?Ctrl-Shift case, the change happens when
the shift key is released, provided the Ctrl key is still down. It does
not happen if the Ctrl key is releasd first.
in the altShift case, it happens when either key is released.

In Word, f'rinstance. ctrlShift changes both language and alignment, and
altShift toggles between all the installed languages.
In Notepad, language and alignment always go together.

Not necessarily a model to go by. Alignment and language need not be
married to each other.

Thanks,
Uri