Chen Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> And next time, do coordinate such activity with the actcom people, you could
> have DOSed their network.

Question #1: Don't we distinguish between DOS and Slashdot effect?

Question #2: Is everybody who posts a link on /. or another
DOS-capable service/newsgroup/mailing list supposed to find out who
hosts the URL in question and contact them in advance?

Imagine a clause in an ISP's user agreement:

"We Provider will host the User's home page. The User warrants and
guarantees that his or her home page will not be interesting enough
to attract more than N hits a day. Violation of this provision will
be a cause for termination of service."

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I'd rather write programs to write programs than write programs."