On 09-Jun-2001 Yedidya Bar-david wrote:
> Do you have a /dev/usbscanner ?
no, but I also don't have any othe /dev/usb* and my USB printer works, so I'm
not sure that's related

> Try mknod /dev/usbscanner c 180 48 (Well, that's what I have)
I looked at the man page and info page for mknod and found no explanation for
the Major and Minor params you mention, so I'd like a bit more info before
running this and maybe **breaking** something :-)

> Can you try to connect only the scanner? without the printer? Does
> it make any difference? When you attach the scanner, does the kernel
> say ANYTHING? do 'dmesg' before and after.
Scanner only with no printer attached doesn't help. As far as your second
question, when you say **attach the scanner** do you mean the physical cable or
the insmod scanner command to load the driver?

> What kernel do you run?
2.4.3-20mdk (Out of the box Mandrake 8.0)

Shlomo Solomon
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://come.to/shlomo.solomon
Date: 10-Jun-2001   Time: 00:02:44

Message sent by XFMail on a LINUX Mandrake 8.0 machine