 >foreign DNS's keep his entry cached more than the said
 >"expire" (or is it "refresh"?) given 60 seconds, and when he updates my
 >DNS, they don't update off me.

I have seen several cases of such behaviour, and not only with DNS.

It seems that the various caches throughout the internet don't like too
short update times. The reason being the same reason such caches were
placed in the first place.

An ISP places a cache to save on traffic. putting too low an expire time
spoils that.

A value that should work OK, at least with some cases I've heard of, is
180 (three minutes). It should still give your client a reasonably
updating service.

One good question is what happens if this is, indeed right? Does it fill
in it's default minimum?

One more point - in some cases (noteably - Windows apps), a single query
is issued per app per domain per session, regardless of timeout. I have
seen it written somewhere, but I am not sure where (I think it was a
reason against DNS load balancing).

                 Shachar