El Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:30:16 +0200 (IST), Tzafrir Cohen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

>[...]
> So basically neutral is the safest choice, but can cause unexpected
> results, in case the first word in the definition happens to be an
english
> one. In that case, you may add the character RLM (Right-to-Left-Mark,
> 0x200f) to the beginning of the text. This is a zero-width character
with
> RTL direction.
>
> Alternatively, if you want to mark some text sequnce as RTL, you can
> prefix it with RLE (RL Embed, 0x202b) and postfix it with PDF (Pop
> Directional Formatting, 0x202c). This will make that text sequnce a
> seperate RTL sequnce, independent of the context.

I don't know if I understood correctly your explanation, but I tried to
add those codes on my own, in a small program I made to try all of this.
(I'm attaching this very small program, so everyone can experiment with
it).

I didn't know if I have to add the codes before or after converting the
text to unicode (so I tried both cases). The result seems to be that Qt 3
completely ignores them. The text is show as before.

I also tried with UTF-8. No change.

As I said before I attach the test program I used. It simply creates a
widget and display an hebrew text (the same I used in the pictures I sent
in my previous message). So people who have Qt installed can compile it
and "play" a little with it.
I tried several widgets: QTextBrowser, QLabel and QTextEdit. The result is
the same in all of them, but I discovered an interesting thing: resizing
the window change the order of the words (acording to the number of lines
displayed)!

Also I think using an edit widget is very interesting as you can edit the
text and see who the words are reordered.

You can also replace the "ISO 8859-8-I" by "ISO 8859-8" and see that now
the text is different.

To compile the program just type "make" but you will have to modify the
paths in the Makefile previously.
I also want to remember that this program can be compiled with Qt 2, but
it will only interesting to do it with Qt 3, as Qt 2 already seems to work
right.

--
Ricardo Villalba
[EMAIL PROTECTED]