Hey,

On Saturday 29 December 2001 04:48, Yotam Rubin wrote:

> Don't CC me when replying to the list. Receiving several copies of your
> cynical slabber is hazardous to my health.

I'm sure you'll overcome,  becides you everyone else here does that.

>       And your site strives at improving Israel's education system, how?
> Spare me the "We're challenging contemporary teaching methodologies"
> drivel, I'm sure you're intelligent enough to understand that's populistic
> rhetoric. At least concede that your site is conforming to the masses of
> students who wish to take the easy route, it has absolutely _NOTHING_ to do
> with the supposed low quality of Israeli teachers.

You can call my site the education system's "Check and Balance" if you will
as it is a DIRECT RESULT of our awefull education system wich currently has
no check and balance, or has an invalid one.
Again -- No one uses the site to copy, whoever does,  probably isnt worth the
effort as he's gonna be kicked out of his class.
But you cant say ANYTHING in the favour of our education system, it's rotten
from the bottom up,  did you know that MOST Teenagers go back at the age of
22 to re-do their bagrut?  Does that look good to you ?
School Sucks is a platform, a platform for us to FORCE the teachers to renew
their databases and not give the same tasks to students today as they did 20
years ago because some of them are still teaching.
I learned in electronics classes about things that passed away from the world
during the 1960's !!
School Sucks is a platform for students to be able to express themselfs on a
place big enough for people to see, including "Moetzet Talmidim" wich have
our main page for free for any announcement they wish to pass through  !

> As a side-note, Israel's
> teachers are not of the "lowest level available", that's another arrogant,
> hostile, wildly unbased and popular claim.

Oh, they're for the best kind THATS Why most kids end up without a bagrut.

> Your site doesn't contain any
> constructive criticism about Israel's education system, nor does it
> describe how to resolve problems. Displaying your site as a righteous
> guardian of education and thinking is not only an utter lie, it's loathly
> arrogant. Your site exploits a very simple need, which exists independently
> of the education system.

My site is protesting site, it doesnt need to contain any constructive
critisizm about anything -- If a teacher that's giving his students a paper
that says "January 1982" on it doesnt get the hint -- he shouldnt be a
teacher !

> Let's examine your banner. It contains three sentences:
>  1) Remember more
>  2) Better grades
>  3) Study faster

You know what that banner is?
It's an ad banner for a small office of 3 GREAT teachers who offers private
lessons for the masses in cheap prices.
It's just an ad banner !

> (The banner also depicts several stacks of books crossed by a line)

I always told her I could build a better banner but she preferred to use her
own.

> You say that you wish to improve the education system, but doesn't all of
> the above reek of conformance to the education system? i.e., do what you're
> told to with minimal effort. If anything, your site is a pillar of
> dangerous compliance. Take your fantasies about "making a difference"
> elsewhere.

Your ignorance and your failing to watch things in a higher level then what
the system thought you amazes me, I wont even respond to that because this
will mean I will repeat myself, read my previous paragraphs.

> That's so kind of you; you're such a valuable contribution to the Israeli
> mind pool.

At least as any regular library.
What does it matter if a kid sits and copies his words from the Encyclopidia
then reading the exact same words in someone else's assignment?
I think it's good that the kids will be able to see how other students' work
looks like and learn from it .

School Sucks is a legitimate source of bibliography, Orts' teachers said
that, not us.

--
Nimrod Simba Carmi,
School Sucks

"... And through the window in the wall
Comes streaming-in on sunlight wings
A million bright ambassadors of morning... "