Tal Amir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> sometimes there is just not enough time to RTFM for half a day, in
> order to find only what a lot of people here already know from their
> expirience.

There is a certain agreed upon etiquette on the Internet in general (a
la RFC1855 - please do this bit of RTFM, you'll find it interesting
and useful), and on this mailing list in particular
(http://www.iglu.org.il/faq/cache/52.html - please do read that, too).

<ASIDE>

Attn. IGLU web admins - putting a link to the FAQ on the "list of
mailing lists" page sounds like a good idea! Along the lines of "For
detailed posting guidelines see <URL>".

</ASIDE>

A part of that etiquette is that one should respect the time and
effort of the list subscribers even more than one's own, and not hit
them with a question before at least trying, to a reasonable extent,
to find the answer on one's own. This list is also explicitly not a
newbie hand-holding one.

Thus, the minimal effort the list expects from posters, includes but
is not limited to obvious RTFM-ing, STFW-ing, etc. See the
above-mentioned FAQ page to see what is expected. It is certainly
expected that one should read the IGLU FAQ before posting to the list.

> > From: Erez Boym <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > Just for the record I posted that Q after trying to
> > look at IOL (Sorry I didn’t try IGLU) finding IOL all
> > messed up with some upside fonts and garbage, Reading
> > TFM (The English one) and not finding anything useful
> > there so I asked u …….

Well, this is *not* what you originally posted. Specifying what
RTFMing you have done (you might find the attitude more positive), and
describing the problem and your platform in more detail
(e.g. conceivably your KDE version could be quite old, so the correct
answer would be "upgrade") is usually helpful.

Verifying that Konqueror worked with Hebrew was trivial, and was
expected from you. Had you done that, your question would have been
different and would have been met with much more understanding. So
would asking for a pointer to the R(igh)TFM.

As it were, it was called WEIRD, which was a bit (only a bit)
offensive, especially the shouting, but the truth is it was kinda
weird indeed. No offense.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If it ain't broken, it has not got enough features yet."