I don't believe that the Hebrew language is connected to being a newbie or not.
I do believe however that it is connected to the size of some individuals ego.
I believe nadav mentioned that until recently the technion made them use Hebrew in
their
thesis. Do you actually clame that these people until recently were all newbies?
I think that stating that the use of Hebrew in this mailing list will make you a
newbie, is just
the stereotypes people have long used to constrain other people to their habits and
their
reluctance to accept progress.
Whether Hebrew is appropriate from a practical sense like non-Hebrew speaking members,
or
people not being able to view Hebrew messages (I don't believe writing Hebrew should
be mandatory since many words cannot be translated to English), that's for the list
community to decide.

My standpoint, is that people should be allowed to write both English and Hebrew on
the list.
But only if all the members will agree to that.
It is a Jewish tradition to accept the minority view on these matters, so if there are
Iranian or other
foreign individuals that would object, I believe we should respect their view in spite
of my or the
majority sentiment.

* - * - *
Tzahi Fadida